8.24.2009

glorious new digs!

If you recall from this post, I was working hard trying to decide what colors to paint the walls. I tried exploring colors and even entertained the suggestion from my hubby to use a bright green or yellow in the bedroom, but kept finding myself drawn to neutral colors. I love the soft greys and taupes. Well....we did it. We finished painting. We chose Benjamin Moore's Horizon for the living room and office, Balboa Mist for the bedroom, and Cotswald for the hallway, all in an eggshell finish. The colors look gorgeous and were just what I was looking for. We love the way Horizon looks during different times of the day. In the mornings, it looks like a very soft grey. In the afternoons when the sun starts to set, it almost has a blueish tint to it. The color in the bedroom is a pale "greige" that has an almost velvety look to it. Cotswald is a darker taupe and provides just the amount of contrast for the hallway with the paint in the adjoining rooms. To add even more contrast, we are going to paint all the molding and doors a crisp white. We selected Benjamin Moore's Simply White in semi-gloss. I'll let you know how that goes and hopefully have photos for you very soon. Until then, I think I'll take a nap...


Photo via Anthropologie

No comments:

Post a Comment