1.04.2010

new year, new hopes!

I don't know about you, but I am absolutely twitterpated about 2010. I have a feeling it is going to be a very auspicious year. Now, don't get me wrong. 2009 was indeed fabulous. After all, I did get married to the love of my life and buy a home in what might be easily mistaken for Pleasantville. I can't really complain about much these days, but there is something to be said about new beginnings. This year has been a crazy one and I can't wait to slow things down and spend more time with the ones I love. And that, my friends, is the first of my new years resolutions. I vow to spend more time, either on the phone or in person, with my friends and family. The second resolution might sound a little contradictory of my first, but its all about balance. This year, I also want to take more time for myself. To explore new passions and hobbies (mostly gardening and cooking), to be okay with being curled up on the couch in my pjs with a good book all day Sunday, and to find a health routine that I actually enjoy. Now, there are a lot of small resolutions scattered throughout these two, but this seems to be the gist of it. I had forgotten how important it is to recharge, unplug, and just breathe.

Here's to the new year!

Image via Lil Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment