1.08.2010

friday thoughts { favorite quotes }

I received the new Anthropologie catalogue today and they always seem to have the best quotes scattered throughout. In fact, one of my favorite poems (included in my best friend's speech at my wedding this past May) was first seen in an Anthropologie catalogue. Today's find is much shorter, but got me thinking: "It's a funny thing, chasing the wind. Just when you think you think you've got hold of her, off she's gone." I don't know why, but I really like it. Maybe it just reminds me of how I want to approach 2010. Rather than spend all my energy trying to chase the wind, maybe I should just let the wind take me. As my huz and I like to say, "to just be". This is so much better than trying to control where life takes you. You can only make smart decisions and be prepared for possible challenges, but whatever happens is meant to be and you just have to "roll with the punches", as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment