10.12.2009

{ ode to the classics }

Is it wrong to buy a book because of it's cover? Does it count if it is a Penguin classic? http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/coralie-bickford-smith-book-designs.jpg This is the first set of the cloth-bound series designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith. The 10 book set was released in November of last year, but exclusively for Waterstones in the UK. Now, almost a year later 8 of the 10 titles from last year will soon be available at Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, and Amazon.com. I have already placed my pre-order on Amazon.com for a few of my favorites. A second set, again exclusive to Waterstones, was just released on October 5th. Unfortunately I don't really want to pay International shipping fees and Foreign Exchange rates so I might just have to wait until next year if they decide to sell them here. I especially love the designs for Oliver Twist, Emma, and Alice in Wonderland. Adorable. Book spines of the second set of cloth-bound classics by in penguin. They will look lovely next to my vintage typewriter, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment