7.23.2010

color crush { shades of gray }

This may seem odd to some, but I love the color gray. I prefer it to black any day. It is softer on the eyes and has a calming effect. Just take a look at my blog for instance. Wouldn't you agree that the gray text I chose is much more soothing than black text.?

When it comes to home decor, the same concept applies. Black is timeless and will always add a level of sophistication and drama (when done right).

Photo via DecorPad

However, if you are craving a softer look, I recommend taking a chance with gray. Here are some of my favorite spaces that use various shades of this underdog of a color.

Photo courtesy of Lonny via La Dolce Vita

Erin Gates of Elements of Style
bedroom via Style Carrot

Photo from Furbish Studio
via Oh Happy Day!

Photo via seesaw

Photo via design sponge

Photo via DecorPad

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick's home in
the Hamptons courtesy of Elle Decor via Kelly Green 


There must be a reason I keep seeing it everywhere.
                    ~ Is gray the new black? ~


No comments:

Post a Comment